MESA Thanks its Members...
By Chris Tribbey
Last year, NBC pulled in 18.5 million viewers for its live television special âThe Sound of Music Live!â This year, the network is looking to top that, with the Dec. 4 airing of âPeter Pan Live!â
NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said that while the network was pleased with how âSound of Musicâ went, theyâve taken what they learned from that experience, and applied it to their latest production.
â[âSound of Musicâ] worked because we hired the best who do Broadway musicals and we hired the best who do live TV,â he said Nov. 7, speaking at the inaugural Live TV: L.A. event.
One thing NBC is doing differently this year revolves around promotion of the event.
Today's M&E Connections• Xbox One, PS4 Sales Trump Predecessors
Posted: November 17, 2014
• Samsung, M-Go Launch UHD Transactional VOD Service
Posted: November 12, 2014
• Kaleidescape Licenses NBC Universal Content
Posted: November 11, 2014
• Obama Comes Out Swinging on Net Neutrality
Posted: November 10, 2014
• Rovi CEO: Steady as She Goes
Posted: November 7, 2014
• FilmTrack CEO: Latest Acquisition Offers Silicon Valley Foothold
Posted: November 6, 2014
• Microsoft, IBM Pick Up Cloud Honors; IBM Partners with Dutch Telecom
Posted: November 3, 2014
• Redbox Looks to Forget Streaming Service Failure
Posted: October 31, 2014
• Akamai Revenue, Profits Explode
Posted: October 30, 2014
• MarkLogic, Disney Headline âSmart Content Summitâ
Posted: October 29, 2014