MESA Thanks its Members...
By Chris Tribbey
You could call 2014 a mixed bag for the media and entertainment industry.
There was plenty to celebrate this year: consumer acceptance of digital ownership, the quick advance of 4K Ultra High-Def hardware, the emergence of new over-the-top services.
And there was a lot of news media and entertainment companies could have done without: the digital leak of Lionsgateâ€™s â€śExpendables 3,â€ť the pre-order home entertainment spat between Amazon and more than one major studio. And Sony Pictures is still dealing with the fallout of the biggest cyber attack to ever hit the entertainment industry.
Hereâ€™s a look back at some of the biggest media and entertainment headlines of the year.
Today's M&E Connections• Experts: Lessons to be Learned from Sony Cyber Attack
Posted: December 23, 2014
• Adobe: Marketing Opportunities Galore with Tablets
Posted: December 17, 2014
• Deluxe Expands 4K Capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand
Posted: December 15, 2014
• Buckle Your Seatbelts for Tuesdayâ€™s Content Protection Summit Keynote by Kurt Sutter
Posted: December 8, 2014
• Study: Gamers Resisting the Idea of Digital Downloads
Posted: December 5, 2014
• Hackers Keep Sony Pictures Entertainment Network Down
Posted: November 25, 2014
• Xbox One, PS4 Sales Trump Predecessors
Posted: November 17, 2014
• Samsung, M-Go Launch UHD Transactional VOD Service
Posted: November 12, 2014
• Kaleidescape Licenses NBC Universal Content
Posted: November 11, 2014
• Obama Comes Out Swinging on Net Neutrality
Posted: November 10, 2014