MESA Thanks its Members...
By Chris Tribbey
The launch of Nolim Films â an UltraViolet-enabled video service from French supermarket chain Carrefour â was over a year in the making, and the nearly 3,000 movies and TV series available at launch are just the start, according to Jason Keane, CEO of Saffron Digital.
Itâs Saffronâs premium OTT platform thatâs behind the service, which offers both electronic sellthrough and transactional VOD, and is the first UltraViolet service in the French market. Nolim Films offers new releases four months after their theatrical debut, and new TV episodes are available for download via an app the day after they air in the U.S.
Saffronâs OTT platform covers content preparation and management, storefront services, UltraViolet integration and a secure media player, with accessible playback on smartphones and tablets (Android and iOS) as well as Internet-connected TVs and PCs.
âBuilding one of the first European UltraViolet services was obviously going to present some challenges. Itâs something weâve been working hard on, and the early feedback has been wonderful,â Keane told the Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA) Jan. 28.
Today's M&E Connections• PwC: New York Overtaking Tokyo as No. 1 M&E Spending City
Posted: January 27, 2015
• Broadband TV Conference: Content Democratization Changing TV
Posted: January 23, 2015
• Meeting the Security Challenges of Fast-Paced TV & Film Productions
Posted: January 20, 2015
• Adobe: Marketers Say Personalization is Key
Posted: January 19, 2015
• CEA: 2015 an âAll-Time Highâ for Consumer Electronics
Posted: January 7, 2015
• Experts: Lessons to be Learned from Sony Cyber Attack
Posted: December 23, 2014
• Adobe: Marketing Opportunities Galore with Tablets
Posted: December 17, 2014
• Deluxe Expands 4K Capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand
Posted: December 15, 2014
• Buckle Your Seatbelts for Tuesdayâs Content Protection Summit Keynote by Kurt Sutter
Posted: December 8, 2014
• Study: Gamers Resisting the Idea of Digital Downloads
Posted: December 5, 2014